The position of Account Officer consists of analyzing financial information, purchases and preparing financial reports, keeping assets records, reconciling budget and expenses within the organization. This also involves sending out bills and invoices, following up on overdue payments and ensuring that the company’s invoices and payments (including insurances) match up correctly by cross-checking the original document to the company’s record.
At Origin Chemist, we spend our days thinking and developing innovative ways of providing good health for everyone. We seek to challenge the norms and build a company that inspires trust and teamwork. We have learnt to dream big, think far, and do what no one thought possible. With a growing team of passionate professionals headquartered at Mataheko-Afienya, Tema, Ghana, we have been able to leverage our selfless ambition to ensure that healthcare is made truly accessible and affordable for everyone. In only a few years, we have been able to extend our unique services and low-cost quality products to thousands of people all over Ghana.
In 2021, we received accreditation from the Pharmacy Council of Ghana to run Origin College where we train healthcare professionals (medicine counter assistants). Here, we provide superior training that inspires compassion for patients and dares change consistently to build healthier communities.
Key Responsibilities (General):
1. Manage company’s financial records, thus account payables and receivables
2. In-charge of preparing and submitting company taxes, SSNIT, and other regulatory obligations
3. Processing insurance claims and tracking payment by health insurance companies
4. Oversee branch sales reconciliation and ensure banking of funds is accurate
5. Cross-checking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy
6. Sending bills and invoices to credit clients
7. Tracking organization expenses
8. Processing refunds
9. Working with retail and operations team on overdue payments
10. Communicating with clients regarding billing and payments
11. Serve as the lead point of contact for business to business account management matters
12. Resolving accounts to the general ledger
13. Handling queries related to accounts
14. Prepare vouchers and cheques for the release of funds and procure logistics as approved
15. File payment vouchers and receipts and keep soft copies of all payments and receipts using Excel or any accounting software
16. Communicate purchases information to Retail Operations Lead, Procurement Manager, Pharmacy Team Leads and Management, and reconcile figures weekly. Address all disparities that may arise
17. Keep inventory of all company property and update the asset book yearly
Qualification and Skills:
1. Bachelor’s / Master's degree (or relevant experience) in Business Administration with specialization in Finance/Accounting or related discipline
2. Being a chartered accountant is an added advantage
3. Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a similar role at a healthcare facility, dealing with Private or Public Health Insurance Companies
4. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
5. High proficiency in the use of Accounting softwares.
6. Language proficiency in English, Akan or any local language; fluency in French is an added advantage
7. Flexibility, resourcefulness, and a can-do attitude;
8. Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of the company.
9. High standard of ethics in analyzing the use of resources
The Accountant shall report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or any top-level executive assigned by the CEO.
The office of the Accountant will be at the organization’s head office located at Mataheko-Afienya, Tema, Ghana